The comprehensive, hands-on guide to all Cisco IOS Software OSPF commands
- Stands as the complete OSPF command reference — invaluable for network designers, engineers, and architects
- Provides configuration, troubleshooting, and verification scenarios for every possible OSPF command supported by Cisco IOS Software that can be implemented on a minimum number of routers
- Groups OSPF commands by area of implementation — area configuration, redistribution, neighbor relationships, and route filtering, just to name a few
- Provides clear and concise commentary on the initial release, purpose, syntax, and usage of each OSPF command
- Offers excellent CCIE certification preparation from one of the CCIE Program Managers
- Constructed as a portable field guide with easily navigable content so you can quickly find the information you need when you need it
As one of the most predominantly deployed Interior Gateway Protocols, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) demands a wealth of knowledge on the part of internetworking professionals working with it on a daily basis. Unfortunately, publicly available documentation on the OSPF command set varies from being too thin on coverage to being too demanding on the required equipment needed to test what the documentation covers.
Cisco OSPF Command and Configuration Handbook is a clear, concise, and complete source of documentation for all Cisco IOS Software OSPF commands. The way you use this book will depend on your objectives. If you are preparing for the CCIE written and lab exams, then this book can be used as a laboratory guide to learn the purpose and proper use of every OSPF command. If you are a network designer, then this book can be used as a ready reference for any OSPF command.
Cisco OSPF Command and Configuration Handbook provides example scenarios that demonstrate the proper use of every OSPF command that can be implemented on a minimum number of routers. This will enable you to learn each command without requiring an extensive and expensive lab configuration. The scenarios clearly present the purpose and use of each command. Some of the examples lead you into common non-working situations in order to reinforce the understanding of the operation of the particular OSPF command.
Author Bill Parkhurst provides concise snapshots of every command with regard to command purpose, usage, syntax explanation, initial introduction in Cisco IOS Software, and cross references to related commands also covered in the book. This book covers many OSPF topic areas, including interface configuration, OSPF area configuration, route filtering, OSPF process configuration, route cost, default route generation, redistribution, administrative distance, OSPF neighbor relationships, route summarization, and show, debug, and clear commands.
- Cisco Ospf Command and Configuration Handbook Paperback