Database administrators versed in DB2 wanting to learn more about advanced database administration activities and students wishing to gain knowledge to help them pass the DB2 9 UDB Advanced DBA certification exam will find this exhaustive reference invaluable. Written by two individuals who were part of the team that developed the certification exam, this comprehensive study guide prepares the student for challenging questions on database design; data partitioning and clustering; high availability diagnostics; performance and scalability; security and encryption; connectivity and networking; and much more. Providing sample questions in each chapter, a complete practice test modeled after the actual exam, and an extensive answer key providing full explanations for each correct answer, readers will find this to be a key resource in stimulating the learning process.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to pass the DB2 9 Advanced Database Administration for Linux-UNIX-and Windows exam (Exam 734)
- Discover the changes to DB2 9 that you’ll need to know about to be successful when taking the exam
- Receive an explanation of every topic included on the test–by experts involved in the creation of the actual exam
- Be given 120 practice questions based on the actual exam’s format and approach-along with comprehensive answers to the test questions to help you gain understanding
- Find appendices with information beyond the test requirements on monitoring buffer pool activity-using MQTs-employing advanced joining techniques-and using the Explain Tools