Product DescriptionThe best-selling first edition of Firewalls and Internet Security became the bible of Internet security by showing readers how to think about threats and solutions. The completely updated and expanded second edition defines the security problems students face in today’s Internet, identifies the weaknesses of the most popular security technologies, and illustrates the ins and outs of deploying an effective firewall. Students learn how to plan and execute a security strategy that allows easy access to Internet services while defeating even the wiliest of hackers. Written by well-known senior researchers at AT&T Bell Labs, Lumeta, and Johns Hopkins University the students will benefit from the actual, real-world experiences of the authors maintaining, improving, and redesigning AT&T’s Internet gateway.
Amazon.com ReviewEssential information for anyone wanting to protect Internet-connected computers from unauthorized access. Includes:
- thorough discussion of security-related aspects of TCP/IP;
- step-by-step plans for setting up firewalls;
- hacking and monitoring tools the authors have built to rigorously test and maintain firewalls;
- pointers to public domain security tools on the net;
- first-hand step-by-step accounts of battles with the “Berferd” hackers; and
- practical discussions of the legal aspects of security.
- Used Book in Good Condition